By default, the round time in a CS:GO match is set to 135 seconds. However, there are situations where there may be a need to significantly increase the round time. For example, during training sessions, extending the round time can make them more convenient and effective.
It’s important to note that achieving literal unlimited time in CS:GO is not possible. You can only increase the round time up to 60 minutes.
There is plenty of information available online about console commands that can increase the round time in CS:GO. However, much of the information in many materials is outdated or incorrect, which can lead to issues for users trying to use them. Therefore, we will provide up-to-date information as of 2023.
Unlimited round time in CS:GO – what you need to know
Commands for changing/increasing the round time are considered cheats, so they can only be used on a local server, and cheat mode must be activated first using the command sv_cheats 1.
Another important detail is that there are three commands available for changing the round duration, depending on the type of map selected:
- mp_roundtime_defuse 60: This command sets the round time to 60 minutes for bomb defusal maps;
- mp_roundtime_hostage 60: Use this command for hostage rescue maps;
- mp_roundtime 60: This command should be used for all other map types.
To apply the new time settings, you need to restart the match using the command mp_restartgame 1.
To save time, copy and enter the entire set of commands into the console: mp_roundtime_defuse 60; mp_roundtime_hostage 60; mp_roundtime 60; mp_restartgame 1
Additional Commands for Time Configuration in CS:GO
The following commands can be useful during training sessions with infinite time:
- mp_do_warmup_offine 1: This command enables warm-up mode, allowing you to respawn immediately after death without waiting for the round to end;
- mp_buytime 60000: Increases the time available for purchasing weapons;
- mp_buy_anywhere 1: Enables buying weapons anywhere on the map;
- mp_freezetime 0: Disables movement freeze at the start of the round;
- impulse 101: Grants yourself maximum money at any time;
- mp_pause_match: Pauses the match;
- mp_unpause_match: Resumes the match from a paused state.